For many of us, the day starts with a flood of activity that begins long before we make it to work, school, or wherever our day takes us. No matter how hurried we are, great skin care needn’t be neglected. The science of skin care has advanced by leaps and bounds over the past 20 years. Well-formulated products really can treat even the most stubborn skin issues, from acne to dark spots, wrinkles, rosacea, uneven skin tone, blackheads, large pores, dry skin, oily skin, and even sagging skin. Because one product or one “miracle” ingredient can’t do it all, it takes several different products to achieve these amazing results. Yes, skin care is rocket science, but it doesn’t have to take a lot of time! We promise that the following easy steps will lead to practically overnight results and continued improvement of your skin over time. Believe it or not, you can have beautiful skin AND a simple skin care routine.
Know Your Routine
Have all your skin care items close by in a neat tray, including cotton balls and Q-tips. To have a simple skin care routine, knowing exactly what you should do and why you should do it will help with the flow of your skin care steps. You need just a few tried-and-true products that work for your skin.
Multi-taskers Can Save You Time
- Cleanse (AM & PM) — Start with a gentle cleanser and a wash cloth to take off your makeup and work as a gentle scrub.
- Tone (AM & PM) — A well-formulated toner will remove the last traces of makeup, reduce redness, help minimize pore size, and loads your skin up with anti-aging antioxidants, and skin-repairing ingredients. Those with oily skin may find that a great toner provides all the hydration their skin needs!
- Exfoliate (AM & PM) — Sun damage causes the surface of the skin to become abnormally thick. Acne and oily skin can further complicate this issue. Daily exfoliation eliminates the buildup of dead skin cells and oil, which otherwise would lead to clogged pores, uneven skin tone, dullness, and deeper wrinkles. Use your face exfoliant on your elbows and chest for smooth and younger-looking skin.
- Moisturize (AM & PM) — End your routine with a moisturizer to replenish the skin and keep it feeling smooth and soft. During the day, a moisturizer with an SPF is essential for protecting your skin from the sun’s damaging and aging UV rays. At night, adding a state-of-the-art moisturizer without SPF will provide your skin with beneficial ingredients and eliminate flakey patches if you have dry skin. Don’t forget your neck and chest – you don’t need separate products for these areas. Apply your face moisturizer there as well to maintain a healthy radiant glow!
Multi-tasking products are key when you need a simple skin care routine!
- Eye treatment (AM & PM) – You might choose to use and eye cream to reduce dark areas and wrinkles and to even out your skin tone. If you’re short on time or cash, your face moisturizer will work just fine.
- Lip balms can be used on elbows and heels as well.